More information about the forest road inventory
We have previously informed about the forest road inventory that will be conducted under the direction of Biometria, formerly VMF Syd, in the spring of 2019. They have now published an article in which they tell more about why the work is done and what positive effects it is hoped that the project will result in.
According to Biometria's initial investigations, there are 100,000 km of registered private forest roads. The information often contains a lot of inaccuracies, which costs SEK 25 million each year when transporters have to make transhipments or not arrive where they are going without risk of getting stuck.
- The most common is that the bearing capacity is poor so that the trailer risks sliding down the curves, that it is crowded on the sides and that I do not come around at the turning point. I always have with me a shovel, knife and bow saw in the truck if I were to get stuck. In the worst case, it can destroy half a shift. It also happens that I have to do a reloading of the timber, disconnect the trailer and just load the car, which means that the transports take longer and become more costly for everyone involved, ”says Jesper Bjenning who runs a timber car for the family company Hultagård's forest transport.
The road inventory project will last for a five-year period and behind the initiative are, among others, JGA, Derome, Sveaskog, Sydved, Bergs Timber, Holmen, Moelven, Södra and Vida.
- It is important to point out that it is not about pointing out individual roads or road managers, it is about objective information gathering. However, we have the ambition that interested forest owners will in some way be able to access the new information. Is my road inspected, how is it classified and what improvement possibilities are there? The way this layout will look is not yet decided, but we hope to get back to that, says road vendor Mikael Åkhe, who is one of those who will work on road inventory this spring.
The article is written by Amelie Bergman and the fine photos are taken by Johan Lindblom (also the picture in this article).
- Investments made in our production 2018
- Meeting with a forest owner
- We are looking for new employees!
- More information about the forest road inventory
- Easier to find right in the forest
- Many thanks to everyone who came!
- New employment
- Are you aware of the public right?
- 40 years as a JGA employee
- Some pictures from our opening house
- We will be trackless in the forest
- Customer visits from Holland
- JGA at the Forest & Tractor Fair in Emmaboda 11-12 / 5
- New homepage!